- Therapeutic massage is based on assessment and a clear understanding of your health and current needs.
- Therapeutic massage offers comfort, relief and healing. It is used to promote recovery post-surgery or post-injury. It deals with repetitive strain injuries such as tendinitis. It addresses pain related to poor posture or tension headaches. It supports overall wellness.
- Therapeutic massage involves touching and moving the soft tissue of the body to enhance or restore your health and well-being. Muscle, fascia, tendons, ligaments and skin are manipulated with the use of pressure or motion to create responses such as increased blood flow, reduced swelling, decreased muscle tension, and reduced formation of scar tissue.
- Therapeutic massage invites a general state of relaxation, improved digestion, reduced blood pressure, stress reduction and improved immune function.
Prenatal/Pregnancy & Postnatal Massage
- Pregnancy and postnatal massage include gentle modified therapeutic massage techniques to safely support your changing body. The modifications are related to pressure, area of application and positioning.
- Oncology massage is safe.
- Oncology massage includes the modification of therapeutic massage techniques to safely work with the effects of cancer and/or cancer treatment. It is appropriate for anyone living with cancer, engaged in cancer treatment or with a history of cancer. The modifications include session length, pressure, positioning and areas of specific compromise or concern like mediports, bone metastases, skin reactions to treatment or compromised lymph systems. Using thorough ongoing assessment, the massage modifications evolve to match your needs as you journey with cancer.
- Living with cancer is difficult. As a break from this difficulty, I offer free massage for people living with cancer the first Tuesday of the month.
Manual Lymph Drainage
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) uses four gentle rhythmic strokes to stimulate the lymph vessels under your skin to move and drain lymph fluid more effectively and efficiently.
- MLD supports the resolution of inflammation throughout your body and can help heal specific conditions such as edema/swelling, sinusitis or mastitis.
- If you are experiencing lymphedema, MLD is an essential part of your treatment because it re-routes the flow of lymph around blocked or compromised areas.
- MLD is soothing and restorative.