Why Spring Massage Therapy?
Be seen. Feel understood.
Soak up comfort and
Count on me to sit comfortably with the pain and suffering you may carry into your massage. Know that I will listen to your needs with my head, my heart and my hands. I am here to understand you. You can feel confident in my knowledge of orthopedic assessment, therapeutic massage techniques, oncology massage, manual lymph drainage, anatomy and physiology. While I treat conditions that contribute to pain or discomfort in the body such as repetitive strain, headaches, injuries or cancer treatment, I invite your soul to rest, settle and receive. Let massage touch your soul.
- Fatigued muscle recuperated just 20% after 5 minutes of rest and 100% after 5 minutes of massage (Salvo, S. Massage Therapy Principles and Practice, 2007).
- Pregnant women who received massage therapy experienced reduced anxiety, improved mood, better sleep, less back pain and lower urinary stress hormone levels (norepinephrine). They had fewer complications during labour and their infants had fewer postnatal complications (e.g., less prematurity). (Field, T; Hernandez-Reif, M; et al, J. Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol, 20(1):31-8 1999 March)
- Burn survivors who received massage therapy experienced less pain, itching and anxiety than those who did not receive massage (Field, T; Peck, M; et al, J Burn Care Rehabil, 19(3):241-4 1998 May-June).
- Premature infants who were massaged gained 47% more weight, were more alert, more active and were discharged from hospital 6 days earlier than the infants who were not massaged (Salvo, S. Massage Therapy Principles and Practice, 2007).
- Women with breast cancer experience reduced physical discomfort and improved mood with massage (M, Reisshauer A; Krohn M ; et al. Psychooncology, 2009 Dec, 18p. 1290-9)